University Of Ibadan Admission Requirements 2021/2022
University of Ibadan admission of requirement is very essential when talking about getting admission into any institution, all institution have their own admission requirements. This article will guide you on University of Ibadan. admission requirements for
History of the prestigious Institution
Established in 1948, the University of Ibadan, UI as it is fondly referred to, is the first University in Nigeria. Until 1962 when it became a full-fledged independent University, it was a College of the University of London in a special relationship scheme.
The University, which took off with academic programmes in Arts, Science and Medicine, is now a comprehensive citadel of learning with academic programmes in sixteen Faculties namely, Arts, Science, Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, Agriculture, the Social Sciences, Education, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Technology, Law, Public Health, Dentistry, Economics, Renewable Natural Resources and Environmental Design and Management.
UI Admission Requirements 2021/22
- Candidate must score 180 and above in UTME/JAMB.
- The candidate must be over 16 years of age in the year of admission (Some student swear an affidavit just to increase their ages)
- Candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in relevant subjects which must include English Language and mathematics at GCE O’Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents at not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidates with Teachers Grade II (TC II) with passes at credit or merit levels in conjunction with credit passes in relevant subjects at GCE, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents may be considered. No subject may be counted at both TC II and GCE O/Level, WASCE, SSCE, NECO or approved equivalents.
- Candidate must also take part in the school post UTME.
UI Admission requirements for Direct Entry
- Only candidate who applied through JAMB for Direct Entry Admissiona chose university of Ibadan as their first choice are eligible for the screening exercise.
- Candidate must be over 16 years of age during the year of admission to be eligible for admission
- Candidate must obtain at least five (5) credit passes in GCE ,SSCE,NECO WAEC or any other equivalents. The subject must include Englis Language and Mathematics (for courses for which a credit in Mathematics is required) as well as three other relevant subjects ( four if excluding Mathematics); at not more than two sittings and not more than two years apart
- DE candidate seeking admission into UI must have a minimum of Upper Credit in their ND or HND and must have changed their institution to UI by making UI their first choice.
Candidate must apply within the registration period.
NOTE: UI is not going to offer admission to candidates who did not meet up with the admission requirements.
University Of Ibadan
If you don’t understand anything and there are questions you want to ask about UI Admission process for 2021/2022 academic session,use the comment box below to ask and you shall get answer.