ASUU Strike Update 2022
LATEST: Again, ASUU extends strike,
After a series of heated discussions, the Academic Staff Union of Universities has decided to extend its ongoing strike, The PUNCH reliably learnt.
The decision was taken after the National Executive Council meeting at the union’s headquarters at the University of Abuja on Monday morning.
The Union is still on strike as at August 29, 2022.
The meeting between the Federal Government and executive members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), has ended in deadlock.
ASUU Strike Latest News 2022: The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) embarked on One-month warning strike which is called a “complete and comprehensive” strike as announced by Prof. Emmanuel Osodeke, the President of ASUU on February 14, 2022, as published on Edustuff.
Universities who Voted for the Continuation Of ASUU Strike
- Strike: ASUU NEC in crucial meeting
- University of Lagos, UNILAG ASUU
- Bayero University Kano (BUK) ASUU
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) ASUU
- University of Maiduguri ASUU
- Federal University Gusau (FUGUS) ASUU
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNNAB) ASUU
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto (UDUS) ASUU
For complete list, click: ASUU: List of Universities that Voted for Continuation Of Strike
ASUU Strike Latest News 2022 Today
- Again, ASUU extends strike
- Main strike starts now, ASUU chairpersons insist
- UNILAG SSANU, NASU protest against strike suspension
- The offer made by the Federal Government to lecturers under the aegis of the Academic Staff Union of Universities may lead to a reduction in the salaries of entry level lecturers under the graduate assistant cadre
- No arrears, no resumption, ASUU dares FG
- The National Strike Organising Committee of the Academic Staff Union of Universities has met to decide on the way forward concerning the ongoing strike by the union.
- ASUU described the circulating news that its meeting with the Nigerian government on Tuesday ended in deadlock as untrue, wait for details of the meeting which would be contained in a press release that would be out.
- Meeting between the ASUU and FG has ended in deadlock over failure to make concrete agreements. The 6 months strike will continue!
Female varsities students plan naked protest over ASUU strike:Students of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU) and Bauchi State University, Gadau (BASUG) have commenced the mobilization of their female colleagues ahead of their plan to stage a half-naked street protest against the ongoing strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), click HERE for more.
Some of the students, who spoke on condition of anonymity, asked the Federal Government to resolve its problems with the Union to enable them to return to school.
ASUU warns security agencies against attack on protesting students: The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) yesterday advised the Nigerian Army and police to rein-in their officers with trigger happy disposition not to attack peaceful protest by students.
ASUU said the call become necessary in view of the ongoing protests forced on the students, who have been out of classrooms for over three months as a result of government attitude to its demands, click HERE for more.
The union in a statement signed by ASUU Lagos Zonal Coordinator, Dr. Adelaja Odukoya, acknowledged that the army and police have constitutional responsibilities to protect and not attack, maim or brutalize protesting students across the country.
- Recommended: 7 Ways to Get Students Loan in Nigeria | Apply Now Free
Thanks for reading, kindly save or bookmark this page to monitor latest ASUU news.
Why hasn’t ASUU made this development official through any means or is this mere speculation?