The decision whether to release or cancel the Withheld WAEC results has been made in the 70th Meeting of the Nigeria Examinations Committee | NEC Meeting | of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) held from Thursday, 10th to Saturday, 12th December, 2020.
In the meeting, all irregularities in the cases from the conduct of WASSCE for School Candidates, 2020, WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2019 Second Series and WASSCE for Private Candidates, 2020-First Series were discussed.
WAEC 70th NEC Meeting 2020 Press Release on Withheld Results
Edustuff learnt that the council finally approved:
1. Entire results of candidates involved in proven cases, which attracted Cancellation of Entire Results (CER), be cancelled, while subject results of those involved in proven cases, which attracted Cancellation of Subject Results (CSR), be similarly cancelled.
2. The results of candidates who were exonerated by the Committee will be released.
3. Some candidates will be barred from sitting for the Council’s examinations for a certain number of years while some schools will be derecognised for a specified number of years or have their recognition completely withdrawn.
4. Some supervisors that were found wanting in the discharge of their examination duties will be formally reported to their employers and blacklisted.
5. Invigilators will also be reported to the appropriate authorities for disciplinary action.
6. Affected candidates and schools duly informed by the Council and all decisions made will be implemented without any further delay.
Those are the six key things from the 70th Meeting of the Nigeria Examinations Committee (NEC) of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).
You can check the attached press release pictures to read further details on the meeting.
Furthermore, the Committee considered Special Cases, Clemency Appeals from WASSCE for School Candidates, 2020 and Restitution Cases for various years.