Nigeria has the highest number of children out of school in the world. There are 10.5 million children not being educated. I would be discussing thee Rasons For The Poor Education System In Nigeria.
Maybe we really need to follow the ways some countries with the best efucation system like United State , Canada ,Germany ,Finland .
Let’s check out the main problem of Nigeria education system compiled by Edustuff .
- Schools are overcrowded and ill- equipped
- Teachers qualification
1. Schools are overcrowded and ill- equipped: Many of the schools are overcrowded with students whereby there would be a very high number of student in a classroom . Due to this the teachers might find it difficult to direct the students , many student won’t pay rapt attention to what they’re being thought , and we know what this would result to ; failure of students.
2. Poverty : Some parents find it very difficult to enrol their children to school due to poverty ; lack of a good source of income for living .
3. Qualification : This can be verified as one of the main problem the education system in Nigeria is facing .
Most of the schools , especially private schools do employ unqualified teachers mainly due to the cost they would pay to a well qualified one .
4. Underpayment : Teachers should be well paid as doctors , teachers should be encouraged . When a teacher is underpaid they would find it difficult to show love to their job , they would give less effort to impact knowledge into the students.
These are the main problem in Nigeria Education System , thanks for reading .
Want to score 300+ in JAMB? Download the JAMB CBT app and get access to thousands of practice questions and mock exams to help you. Click HERE to Download JAMB CBT App Now