See the NECO Chemistry Practical Specimen Questions & Answers Expo for 2023 examination, the National Examination Council scheduled NECO Chemistry Practical to Thursday, 13th July 2023, Paper I: Practical – Chemistry 10:00am – 11:30am.
What You'll Learn in this Post
NECO Chemistry Practical Specimen 2023
INSTRUCTION(S) TO SCHOOL
1. Great care should be taken to ensure that the information given below does not reach the candidates either directly or indirectly before the examination.
2. In addition to the apparatus and reagents expected to be available in a Secondary school chemistry Laboratory, each candidate will require the following:
(a) One burette (50cm3)
(b) One Pipette (20cm3 or 25cm3)
However, all candidates in a centre must use pipettes of the same volume
(c) The usual apparatus for filtration
(d) The usual apparatus and reagent for qualitative work including:
(i) Dilute sodium hydroxide solution
(ii) Dilute ammonia solution
(iii) Dilute hydrochloric acid
(iv) Barium Chloride solution
(v) Distilled water
(vi) Red and blue litmus paper
(viii) Methyl orange
(ix) One boiling tube
(x) Five test tubes
(xi) Source of heat
(xii) Wash bottle containing distilled water
(xiii) Filtration apparatus
3. Each candidate should be supplied with the following:
where ‘n’ is the candidate’s serial number
(a) 150 cm3 of tetraoxosulphate (VI) solution in a corked flask or bottle labelled ‘An’. These should all be the same containing 2.20cm3 of concentrated tetraoxosulphate (VI) acid per dm3 of solution.
(b) 150 cm3 of Na2CO3 in a corked flask or bottle labelled ‘Bn’. These should all be the same containing 3.6 g of sodium trioxocarbonate (IV) pellet per dm3 of solution.
(c) One spatula of Na2CO3 in a corked specimen bottle labelled ‘Cn’. Note ‘n’ is the candidate’s serial number.
In all cases, more materials may be given if required.
The actual concentration of A and B must be stated on the Teacher’s report from while the candidates should make use of the concentration stated in the question paper.
6. Please, do not substitute any substance or solution for those specified in these instructions
ARRANGEMENT AND SERIAL NUMBER OF CANDIDATES
7. Please for work by candidates in the laboratory should number serially and the candidate allotted this place strictly in order for the examination number.
8. The number of every specimen supplied to each candidate should be continued through the sets, to ensure that no serial number is repeated.
9. If candidates are divided into sets, the serial number should be continued through the sets, to ensure that no serial number is repeated
10. Ensure that the candidates record their serial numbers as well as their registration numbers on the front page of their answer booklets at the beginning of the examination.
NECO Chemistry Practical 2023 Questions and Answers
For NECO assistance click HERE now
Thanks for reading.