Are you looking for fully funded scholarship to study in UK? The Chevening UK Government Scholarship Programme is now opened for interested and qualified applicants for the 2023/2024.
This page will show you how to apply for the scholarship, application deadline and requirements and other details.
The UK government’s Chevening international awards program fosters the growth of world leaders. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, who provide funding for Chevening, select the beneficiaries of its two categories of awards, the Chevening Fellowships and the Chevening Scholarships, respectively.
They are seeking the kind of people that can offer the solutions required for a better future with their passion, ideas, and influence. Future international leaders and influencers have a rare opportunity to grow professionally and academically, make vast connections, learn about UK culture, and establish long-lasting, fruitful partnerships with the UK through Chevening.
What You'll Learn in this Post
Chevening Scholarship Eligibility
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 13, 2023.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, all British Embassies/High Commissions, the Home Office, the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the Department for International Trade and the UKVI), the British Council, a sponsoring UK university, or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee of Chevening Partner organisations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organisation from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Chevening Scholarship Benefits
The Chevening Programme includes a tailored engagement programme creating opportunities for scholars to network with each other as well as alumni, the FCDO, high profile speakers and partner organisations.
Award recipients receive:
- Payment of tuition fees
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
- An arrival allowance
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
- A departure allowance
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required
- A travel top up allowance
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. These rates are subject to annual review.
How to Apply for Chevening UK Government Scholarship 2022
Find the awards offered in your nation or territory and submit an application. Select your citizenship to get started. Depending on whether you’re looking for a fellowship or a scholarship, you can next focus your search. Click HERE to apply.
Thanks for reading.