Akwa Ibom State Scholarship 2022
Akwa Ibom State Scholarship: For its 2022 undergraduate scholarship award, the Akwa Ibom State Government is now taking applications from deserving but impoverished Akwa Ibom State-born students. The Akwa Ibom State Scholarship is only worth N200,000.00 ($2,000.00) per student, per session.
The Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, has approved the awarding of 500 (Five Hundred) indigent (very poor) but bright students from Akwa Ibom State scholarships to study at Federal or State Universities in Nigeria beginning with the 2021–2022 academic session. Each scholarship is worth N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) only for each student, per session.
Requirements for Akwa Ibom State Scholarship Award
- All applicants, including those who are physically challenged, must be registered, full-time students who are indigent (very poor) yet clever at either a state university or a federal university;
- Applicants must be at least in their 2nd year of study;
- All applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.50 on a 5.00 scale.
- All applicants must produce testimonials from their institutions;
- It is required of all candidates to submit a certificate of origin issued by their local Local Government Council in the state of Akwa Ibom;
- At the time of application, the maximum age limit for any and all applicants is set at twenty-five (25) years old;
- After completing the academic requirements, all applicants will be expected to state their parents’ financial status/occupation/means of subsistence.
- All beneficiaries will be required to submit academic results at the end of each session in order to maintain their scholarship eligibility based on their CGPA, which will be verified by the Ministry of Education / State Scholarships Board.
- Any beneficiary who does not meet the required CGPA of 3.50 will be removed from the Scholarships Scheme.
- Changing courses or institutions is not permitted while receiving scholarships.
Eligible Course for Akwa Ibom State Scholarship Application
The scholarships will be 70% (seventy per cent) for undergraduates studying Science and Technology and 30% (thirty per cent) for other courses, as follows:
- Science and Technology courses include:
- Aviation Studies
- Marine Studies
- Medicine and Surgery
- Engineering Studies
- Agricultural Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence
- Oil and Gas related courses
- Robotic Science, etc.
- Other Fields of Studies:
- Arts / Humanities / Management Sciences
- Education, etc.
How to Apply for Akwa Ibom State Scholarship 2022
Suitably qualified undergraduates are invited to log on to www.moe.akwaibomstate.gov.ng and fill out the application form.
Closing Date for application: AUGUST 8, 2022
NB: All shortlisted students will be required to come to the interview with the following documents:
- Admission Letter
- Testimonial from the applicant’s Head of Department
- Current Semester’s Result / Statement of Result stating the CGPA
- Birth Certificate / Age Declaration
- Certificate of Origin from applicant’s Local Government Council
- Letter stating the financial status / occupation / means of livelihood of Parents of the applicant
- Student’s Identity Card
Thanks for reading.
I need a scholarship to further my education to the higher institution am from a very poor family