AAUA Admission requirements 2020/2021; UTME and Direct Entry
Admission requirement is very essential when talking about getting admission into any institution,all institution have their own admission requirements. This article will guide you on the admission requirements for AAUA for both UTME candidate and Direct Entry
Brief history of the prestigious institution
The story of Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko (AAUA), Ondo State, Nigeria, is more appropriately told in two phases. It was first established as Obafemi Awolowo University in March 1982 by the government of the old Ondo State, headed by the late Chief Adekunle Ajasin.
The immediately succeeding military government of Navy Commodore Bamidele Otiko changed its name to Ondo State University in 1985. Its relocation to Akungba-Akoko in the new Ondo State became imperative in 1999 , following the creation of a new State out of the old Ondo three years earlier in October 1996. The bill backing the relocation was signed into law by the then Governor of the State, Chief Adebayo Adefarati, in November 1999, and that prompted the movement of a crop of workers from the old site in Ado-Ekiti to Akungba-Akoko on 1 December 1999.
AAUA UTME and O/level requirements
- Admission requirements for application,any candidate seeking admission must score 180 and above in the UTME exam
- Candidate must make the institution their first choice
- Candidate must be over 16 years of age of admission
- Candidate must take part in the post utme screening exercise
- Candidate must obtain at least five credit passes GCE,SSCE,NECO, WAEC, or their equivalents. The subject combination must include English Language and Mathematics as well as three other relevant subjects not more than two sittings and two years apart.
AAUA Admission requirements for Direct Entry
- Only candidate who applied through JAMB for Direct Entry Admission
- and choose Adekunle Ajasin university Akungba are eligible for the screening exercise.
- Candidate must be over 16 years of age during the year of admission to be eligible for admission.
- Candidate must obtain at least five (5) credit passes in GCE ,SSCE,NECO WAEC or any other equivalents. The subject must include Englis Language and Mathematics (for courses for which a credit in Mathematics is required) as well as three other relevant subjects ( four if excluding Mathematics); at not more than two sittings and not more than two years apart.
- DE candidate seeking admission into AAUA must have a minimum of Upper Credit in their ND or HND and must have changed their institution to AAUA by making AAUA their first choice.
Candidate must apply within the registration period.
NOTE: AAUA is not going to offer admission to candidates who did not meet up with the admission requirements.
If you don’t understand anything and there are questions you want to ask about AAUA Admission process for 2020/2021 academic session,use the comment box below to ask and you shall get answer.
AAUA Admission Requirements For 2020: UTME and Direct Entry, AAUA Admission Requirements