What are the WAYS TO GAIN ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB? This question is on the lips of many students and Edustuff is here to help you.
CAN I GAIN ADMISSION without JAMB?
Absolutely, Yes! You can gain admission without JAMB. There are only five different ways you can gain admission to any University of your choice without the option of Writing JAMB.
5 WAYS TO GAIN ADMISSION WITHOUT JAMB
1. IJMB (Interim Joint Admission Matriculation Board Examination)
4. Diploma/Pre-degree Programmes
5. Admission to a private university that doesn’t require JAMB.
These are the five ways you can gain Admission without the need of Writing JAMB, that’s not all Edustuff will explain to you each of those ways and how it works.
1. IJMB (Interim Joint Admission Matriculation Board Examination): This is a good way of gaining admission into any Nigeria Institution of your choice without sitting for JAMB, some students across Nigeria have adopted this.
JUPEB is similar to IJMB but they’ve differences, IJMB was established in 1970 and it gains approval by the NUC, it is certified as an ‘A’ level examination for candidates who seek admission into Universities in Nigeria and abroad.
The interim Joint Admission Matriculation Board (IJMB) program runs for twelve (12) calendar months, which is divided into two (2) semesters.
Candidates would be lectured at their respective study centers before sitting for the examination. If the candidate performed well he/she will be given admission into 200level in any Tertiary Institution in Nigeria, using direct entry.
A student who has lost hope or failed to secure admission during a particular year can apply for this program instead of waiting for another year.
Or WhatsApp/Call 08114712543 to register for IJMB
2. JUPEB (Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board): JUPEB unlike IJMB was established in 2013, ever since students rushed for it every year like IJMB.
JUPEB is also A’ Level program and you’ll get admission into 200 level in your choice of Institution, just like IJMB.
Because of IJMB and JUPEB Students don’t need to sit for JAMB anymore.
JUPEB ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
Below are the admission requirements for JUPEB program in Nigeria:
- Candidates are expected to have a minimum of five (5) credit passes in at least 5 subjects (English language and Mathematics inclusive) in WAEC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEC at not more than 2 sittings.
- Candidate must also register, sit for JUPEB Examinations and pass excellently well in four subjects. One of the subjects must be relevant to the proposed course which the candidate wants to study in the university.
- Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate’s grade in that particular subject.
- Make sure your choice of Institution is accepting the A’ Level program before applying.
Or WhatsApp/Call 08114712543 to register for JUPEB
3. NOUN (NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY): This is one of the best universities in Nigeria, this may surprise you, maybe you’ve not heard of it before ? It is a Federal Open and Distance Learning (ODL) Institution in Nigeria.
You don’t need JAMB to apply for NOUN.
NOUN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR UNDERGRADUATES:
Below are the requirements for undergraduate students wishing to study at the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN):
- Candidates are expected to have, at least, five (5) credits in the SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB in not more than two sittings. In other words, the university does not accept two sitting results.
- Candidates should note that the “Teachers’ Grade II Certificate with a minimum of five merits or its combination with any of the certificates listed above to obtain the equivalent of five credits at ‘O’ levels.
- Candidates that wish to gain admission into NOUN School of Law, must have up to five (5) credits, which must include the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Literature in English at not more than two (2) sittings.
4. DIPLOMA/PRE-DEGREE PROGRAMMES:
Diploma runs within 1 – 3 years depending on the institution and course you applied to. Candidates will secure admission into 200level via Direct Entry into the same university, after the program.
A pre-degree runs for 7-12 months depending on the Institution and the program too. in which upon successful completion allows candidates to secure admission into 100level in the same university.
SOME UNIVERSITIES MAY REQUIRE CANDIDATES TO TAKE JAMB BEFORE THE PROGRAM WHILE SOME FIX A SCORE FOR CANDIDATES.
5. Admission to a private university that doesn’t request JAMB: You might be surprised to hear this and it might sound unbelievable. You can secure admission into some private universities without the need for JAMB.
University like BABCOCK can give you admission without JAMB, we all say those private universities are expensive, yes, but not all of them, you can look for one that you’re comfortable with their costs
These are some of the private universities you should consider applying for admission:
I know you have a good time reading this, and questions might be rolling through your mind, you can use the comment box below and ask any sort of questions but wait ! Don’t forget to share this too.