Gbajabiamila installs Wi-Fi, Aid Creation of ICT Centres in Lagos schools
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, has installed free Wi-Fi in six public tertiary institutions in Lagos State and aid the creation of ICT Centres in 10 public secondary schools.
The six public tertiary institutions that benefitted from the Speaker’s initiative are the
- University of Lagos, Akoka campus
- Lagos State University, Ojo
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu campus;
- Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Ijanikin
- Michael Otedola College of Education, Epe
- Yaba College of Technology.
The project was part of Gbajabiamila’s way of giving back to society, with a view to building a stronger education sector, according to a statement made available to Edustuff on Thursday.
The statement said, “With the inauguration, Lagos State University students can now access the free Wi-Fi at the Babatunde Fashola Senate Building, the Faculty of Sciences, the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Education, the Faculty of Law, the Faculty of Social Sciences, LASU FM, the School of Communications and the ICT Center and some areas nearby.
As for UNILAG, the free Wi-Fi is available at the Faculty of Education, the Faculty of Social Sciences and the School of Management Sciences.”
In addition, Gbajabiamila also facilitated the construction of ICT centres for smart learning and code programming in public secondary schools.
The beneficiary schools are:
- Onitolo Senior High School
- Government College, Eric Moore
- Gbaja Boys Senior High School
- Ajigbeda Secondary School
- Community Grammar School
- Ansar-ud-Deen High School, Falolu
- Iponri Estate High School
- Surulere Girls Secondary School, Empire
- Progressive Secondary School, Mba, off Adeniran Ogunsanya.
Looking for international scholarships, want to know exactly what you need to do to finally be a success with scholarships and apply for available opportunities? Click HERE to start now with ScholarshipReg.