Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize 2021: Are you that unique teacher with good qualities who has made a positive impact in the lives of many students and the society? Do you deserve to win Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize for the Year? See how to apply for the Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize 2021.
The Global Teacher Prize serves to underline the importance of educators throughout the world. It seeks to acknowledge the impacts of the very best teachers – not only in the classroom but in the larger society and offers them a merit award.
What You'll Learn in this Post
Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize 2021
The Prize is a US$1 million award presented annually to an exceptional teacher who has made an outstanding contribution to their profession.
The Global Teacher Prize seeks to make a real difference to the profession and offers positive effect at both the grassroots level and on the global stage. The Prize has inspired over 40 National Teacher Prizes to recognize and celebrate teachers at country level.
To be eligible for the Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Teachers who teach children that are in compulsory schooling, or are between the ages of five and eighteen.
- Teachers who teach children age 4+ in early years government-recognized curriculum.
- Teachers must spend at least 10 hours per week teaching children face-to-face and plan to remain in the teaching profession for the next 5 years.
- Open to teachers in every kind of school and subject to local laws, in every country in the world.
How to Apply for Varkey Foundation Global Teacher Prize Award
- Interested applicants for the Global Teacher Prize 2021 are to register via https://www.globalteacherprize.org/global-teacher-prize/apply-now/
- Download the application form, complete and submit online.
Application Deadline: 30 April 2021