What You'll Learn in this Post
List of Universities that have Joined the Ongoing ASUU One-month Warning Strike
The Academic Staff Union of Universities declared a one-month warning strike to press its demands on the government, following lengthy debates that lasted into the early hours of Monday, Feb. 14th as published by Edustuff.
The warning strike is intended to allow the federal government enough time to complete its tasks, failing which the union will go on an indefinite strike.
- Recommended: ASUU Declares a Nationwide one-month Warning Strike
According to the information provided to the general public including Edustuff, the strike which is called a “complete and comprehensive” strike was announced to start from Feb. 14th.
In reaction to the declaration of a one-month warning strike, the public universities under ASUU have started making official statement to join the industrial action, Edustuff will list the universities that have joined the one-month warning strike in this article.
Universities that have Joined the Ongoing ASUU One-month Warning Strike
- University of Ilorin, (UNILORI): The Academic Staff Union of University, ASUU University of Ilorin branch held a meeting on Wednesday at the University Auditorium, where the lecturers agitated strongly and overruling was made to embark on the four weeks indefinite strike action.
- University of Ibadan (UI): Members of the University of Ibadan chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities opted to join the one-month nationwide warning strike. This was confirmed by a member of the UI ASUU Chapter and SUG, who said that UI had recently joined the congress.
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA): In a circular released, signed and made available to Edustuff, it was announced that UNIABUJA ASUU met on the 15th of February and resolved to join the one-month warning strike.
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA): The FUTA Chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities has formally joined the Nationwide Industrial Action. After the Union’s Congress on Wednesday, February 16th, 2022, this was announced to the press and Campus Journalists.
- Federal University, Dutse: The management of the Federal University, Dutse announced their decision to join the industrial action via a circular that was made available to the public.
- Federal University Oye Ekiti (FUOYE): Members of the Federal University Oye Ekiti chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities have opted to join the one-month nationwide warning strike.
- University of Benin (UNIBEN): As University of Benin joined the industrial action, the students in protest, stood at the entrance of the Ugbowo campus of the university chanting slogans and solidarity songs like “aluta continua…” and “education is our right,” among others.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN): Both campuses of the University of Nigeria Nsukka – Nsukka Main Campus and Enugu Campus on Tuesday commenced the strike, Edustuff reports.
- University Of Lagos, UNILAG: The Chairman of the University of Lagos branch of ASUU, Dr Dele Ashiru, said there was total compliance. “We have been earning the same salary in the last 12 years and now we want to say enough is enough, we held a congress today, it was well attended and compliance started immediately, from the information provided from The Punch.
- Federal University of Technology Minna (FUTMINNA): The school management made the decision to join the warning strike at an emergency congress held at LT2 Bosso campus as relayed to Edustuff.
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU): The management of OOU as announed there compliance and the university is now among those that have joined the industrial action.
- Tai Solarin University of Education (TASUED): The Tai Solarin University of Education joined the warning strike on Wednesday.
- Ambrose Alli University (AAU): In a circular dated February 15th, 2021, the management of Ambrose Alli University (AAU) announced that they have resolved to abide by the resolution of NEC.
- Ekiti State University (EKSU): Ekiti State University also join the one-monyh warning strike.
Please bookmark this page and return to check for updates. As more institutions join the warning strike, this page will be revised and updated.
Want to score 300+ in JAMB? Download the JAMB CBT app and get access to thousands of practice questions and mock exams to help you. Click HERE to Download JAMB CBT App Now