NECO Chemistry 2023 Questions & Answers: Get NECO Chemistry 2023 answers Objective and Essay for Monday, 24th July 2023, Paper III & II: Objective & Essay – Chemistry – 10:00am- 1:00pm.
What You'll Learn in this Post
NECO Chemistry 2023 Answers Objective and Essay
11-20: BAE… for more click HERE now
(3a)(i) Classifying the alkanols:
– Butan-2-ol: secondary alkanol
– 2-methylpropanol: secondary alkanol
– 2-methylpropan-2-ol: tertiary alkanol
3a(ii) Two methods to prepare ethanol commercially:
– Fermentation: Ethanol can be produced by the fermentation of sugars using yeast. This is commonly used to produce alcoholic beverages and biofuels.
– Hydration of ethene: Ethanol can be produced by the hydration of ethene (ethylene) in the presence of a catalyst, such as phosphoric acid.
3a(iii) To calculate the relative molecular mass of Z, we need to compare the rates of effusion or diffusion of Z and hydrogen. The rate of effusion/diffusion is inversely proportional to the square root of the molar mass. Since hydrogen diffuses 6 times as fast, the molar mass of Z is 6 times larger than the molar mass of hydrogen. Therefore, the relative molecular mass of Z is 6 * 2 = 12.
(3bi) The elec…
For more NECO 2023 Chemistry Objective and Essay Answers, click HERE now.
- Recommended: Neco Chemistry Questions 2023 | Check Now
NECO 2023 Chemistry Questions and Answers
(3civ) Three uses of hydrogen:
(i) Hydrogen is used as a fuel for combustion engines and fuel cells.
(ii) It is used in the production of ammonia for fertilizer and other chemicals.
(iii) Hydrogen is used in the hydrogenation of oils and fats in the food industry.
For more / assistance click Here now
Thanks for reading.